HomeNewsDesigners, builders and supervisors learned useful lessons from the construc...
Send to Friend Print Save as .DOC A+ A-

Designers, builders and supervisors learned useful lessons from the construction of Trakia Motorway

The lessons learned from the construction of Trakia motorway are useful, both for designers, builders, and supervisors, as well for all other professionals involved in the construction activities – said the Chairman of the Management Board of Road Infrastructure Agency, eng. Lazar Lazarov at the national conference “Best practices within the construction of Trakia Motorway, Lots 2, 3 and 4”.

When the holidays for motorways opening become workdays, we will have achieved that for which we dream, said eng. Lazarov. The event was opened by the Minister of Regional Development Desislava Tersieva and the Deputy Minister of Transport,Information Technology and Communications Peter Kirov.

More than 10 000 people have participated in the construction and realization of the overall project of Trakia motorway, said the regional Minister Terzieva. For the construction of the motorway are used about 500 construction machinery and 600 heavy trucks, highlighted Terzieva. The total value for the completion of the last 3 sections with a length of 115 km of the motorway is over 524 million BGN. Of them over 513 million BGN are grant under Operational Programme on Transport 2007-2013 – 80% are from the EU Cohesion fund, and the remaining 20% are from the national budget.

By the end of this year, under Operational Programme on Transport 2007-2013 should be absorbed another 36 million BGN said Deputy Minister Petar Kirov. In order to reach 100% absorption rate under this program after two and a half years, should be utilized 1,960 billion BGN. According to Kirov this goal is achievable, but only if there is no delay under the projects.

During the Conference, it became clear that the new technologies used in the construction of the last three sections of Trakia Motorway will improve the road safety.

The event was held within the framework of “Completion of Trakia Motorway Lots 2, 3 and 4” co-financed by the Cohesion Fund of the European Union and the State budget of the Republic of Bulgaria through the Operational Programme on Transport 2007-2013. The event was attended by representatives of the governmental bodies, construction companies and experts in the field of road construction.

Informative movie on the project “Completion of the construction of “Trakia” Motorway Lots 2, 3 and 4”

Photos from the National conference

Top ↑